- All About Reading
- Explode The Code Workbooks
- Penguin Young Readers
- Various iPad Apps (Word Wizard, Hooked on Phonics, Reading Eggs)
- Phonics & grammar videos from Discovery Education
Read Out Loud Books:
Will choose books from Sonlight.com, Timberdoodle.com. Will purchase our favourites, and borrow some from the library. Do poetry picnics. Have a picnic indoors or outdoors while reading poetry out loud.
Handwriting & Creative Writing:
- A Reason for Handwriting - Transition to Cursive Workbook
- Keeping a journal
- “Institute for Excellence in Writing” - various resources, including the “Teaching Writing: Structure & Style” Course.
- "Writing & Rheoric" - Fable and Narrative - regular writing program from Classical Academic Press
- (Extra, not normally included in PLO's) "Song School Latin" by Classical Academic Press
- Building Thinking Skills Level 1 workbook (grades 2 - 3) by Critical Thinking Co.
- Organizing Thinking workbook (grades 2 - 4) by Critical Thinking Co.
- NOEO Science Physics 1 (A Charlotte Mason/Classical style course with lots of read alouds and experiments. Physics 1 includes forces and motion, light and colour, levers, wheels and pulleys, electricity and magnetism, inventions, sound, flight, space.)
- NOEO Science Chemistry 1 (A Charlotte Mason/Classical style course with lots of read alouds and experiments. Chemistry 1 includes atoms, molecules, the Periodic table, chemical elements, Marie Curie, Democritis, Dmitrii Mendeleev, Recycling, Phases of Matter, Minerals, Crystals, Fossils, Weight and Volume)
- “One Small Square” Series of read aloud books (seashore, woods, backyard, night sky, cactus desert, etc)
- “Pasteur’s Fight Against Microbes”
- “Audobon’s Birds of North America” Colouring Book
- Apologia Physics & Chemistry, and Zoology.
- Professor Noggin’s Outer Space - card game
- Jonathan Park: Radio Drama CD’s on Creation Science
- Various read alouds from the library
- Intelliglobe Interactive Globe
- “Canada My Country” by Northwoods Press
- Apple Press Mapping Book Grades 2-3.
- Various read alouds.
- “Stack the Countries” iPad App
- Canada Colouring Book by Rod & Staff Publishers
- Illustrated Bible
- “Leading Little Ones to God” by Marian M. Schoolland
- A BEKA Flash-A-Cards
- Apologia Worldview Course: “What we Believe: Who is God and can I really know Him?”
- “Our 24 Family Ways - A Family Devotional Guide” - Clarkson
- Scripture Memory Verses
- Art at home using resources like DeepSpaceSparkle.com
- Piano Lessons
PHYS ED & HEALTH
- Health videos from Discovery Education.
- Manners & Practical Skills
- Spiders ... and whatever else we feel like learning about!